Saturday, January 10, 2009

Goals, education, and a propserous 2009

Sorry it has been a little while since I have written. This year has really started out with both feet hitting the ground running. I am adding another link that is focused to new construction sales people. This site features podcasts from some of the top sales people and trainers in this field. There is still a lot of good material for salespeople in other fields. You can also search under Jerry Rouleau under I -tunes and subscribe for weekly updates.
Education and training are the keys to my success in real estate. If you look at the top people in just about every field in the world, almost all of them will tell you that they are constantly learning and practicing to continually get better. Setting goals is also a common theme that you will see attributed to success by every reputable coach and almost every self improvement book I have read. One of my goals for my education last year was to read fifteen books, three more than I read last year. I achieved it and have moved my goal to 17 this year. I will be posting my reading list in the next week. If you are interested in a quick worksheet on goal setting, check out my documents link on the side f this blog under 12 steps for setting goals. This is a summary form a talk given by Brian Tracy. I have a link to his homepage under motivation.
Despite what you hear in the media, I really feel that this is going to be a great year. The opportunities are just a little different, but by having clear goals and a plan to follow I am excited to watch this year unfold. If you have any great tips on goal setting please feel free to add them in the comments section.
One last piece of news, I am really excited to be heading to the International builders show on Jan 17th. If you would like more information on the largest trade show in the US for the building industry check out www.buildersshow.com. I hope this year brings you everything you ask for.

No comments: