Monday, January 7, 2008

New Years Resolutions, Education, and real estate

I hope everyone’s New Year was good and you haven’t broken too many of your resolutions yet, it’s still early. One of my goals this year is to read 15 books in either the real estate field or self help type books. Last year my goal was one a month, and I achieved it. Not all of them were in print though, I have used my MP3 player to turn my car into what Zig Ziglar calls, Mobile University. What does this have to do with real estate? If you are thinking about buying a home, or investment properties there is a lot of material out there to help you get a jump start. I have a couple good sources on the side of this blog page. I was looking through I-Tunes, which is free even if you don’t have an I-Pod and the amount of knowledge there is incredible. No matter what your interests are, there is probably a cast that can give you information about it. You can even download podcasts that teach you different languages.

I will be posting the 2007 final market report for Lansing Real estate within a few weeks. If you would like to find out more information about the Lansing real estate market before then, please feel free to call me or leave questions here and I will get answers posted up. My number is (517) 349-9330 ext. 206. I look forward to hearing from you, and I hope you look as forward to a great year in 2008 as I do!

2 comments:

Mike Bowler said...

Brent, Nice Article. Hope you a great year. Mike Bowler
http://www.mikebowler.com

Anonymous said...

Brent, I usually get in two or three books a quarter. I was wondering what books you have enjoyed that were motivational or in some way inspired you to achieve greater things? I have read the pretty common Dale C. and Napoleon Hill books. Anything else you really enjoyed?

Since you are in sales, if you have not read any of Jeffery Gitomer’s books I would definitely recommend them. He has an entire set of them, they are all pretty small reads, short chapters easy concepts. Books like: Little red book on selling, Little red book of sales answers, Little yellow book on yes attitude… and some others.
If you haven’t given those a shot yet you will probably enjoy them. He also has a good e-newsletter that he sends out once a week. http://www.gitomer.com/sales-magazine/Sales-Caffeine.html

Have a good one.
Ryan Doom